Pages

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 4 at Lingnan

August 17 - I got my Lingnan ID card today which gives me access to the library where I can check e-mail (haven't been able to get access in my flat yet). I checked my 4 days worth of e-mail messages & also checked out 2 books - China: A New History by John Fairbank & a book about Zheng He.

I hope to do some sightseeing soon, but the weather is a bit of disincentive. Its been raining a lot since I got here (remnants of the typhoon that's been hitting southeast Asia) and its extremely hot & humid. Hopefully, it'll start to cool off a bit before too long and be a bit more comfortable for exploring. There's a bunch of places I want to visit, but one that wasn't on my to-do list until someone here suggested it to me today was MongKok - known, among other things, for having the highest population density in the world. I'm not a big fan of crowds, but I guess its worth cehcking out just for the spectacle.

No comments: